Monday, March 2, 2009

A feeling...

Have you ever had that feeling? You know, the one that you will never, EVER forget?¿ Do you sometimes feel that feeling, every now and again?

Well tonight I came home from work, made some supper, sat on the couch, scrolled though the channels and came across 'The Bachelor-The final Rose'. Now I know what your all thinking this show has gone on forever, 'enough is enough', well i think that too! BUT since there was nothing else that i wanted to tune into, i put it on. The whole LAST date thing goes on, Meet the parents, etc. Then it comes down to making that final decision. Now i know in my life (of course not like the Tv show) i've had to make many choices when it came down to love. Should I, shouldn't I--Does he love me, loves me not? This world is a scary place, emotions can really scare a person, can really make someone second guess a lot about themselves and others. Its all about the risk, its there for the taking, Learn how to run with it, dont be scared!!!


Jon and i met years ago though friends. Those random get together that would happen frequently between our mutual friends. We're both outgoing people and like to mingle and get to know others, which is how we met. Since that day we have definatly been though many ups and downs, twists and turns. With each experience we have both taken something and learned from it, it's made us stronger. X-mas of 2008 Jonathan proposed, it was one of the happiest days of my life. I will never forget the feelings that i felt, the shakey-ness in his voice, the everything about that moment. This may sound weird but I can just sit here and look at the ring and remember each second of that moment, still getting butterflies in my stomach. Moving in together and away from family and friends has taught us how to lean on eachother for everything. When we're sad, sick, angry, happy, playful, etc. it doesnt matter the feeling we are always there! We have faced challenges since being here but again we have learned a little more about eachother, the next step to communication. But still room for many more of lifes wonderful challenges! I am really happy to be engaged to this wonderful Man. I love you Jonathan, very much, Forever and always.

'We were given two hands to hold,
two legs to walk ,
two eyes to see,
two ears to listen,
but why only one heart?
Because the other one was given to someone for us to find'

1 comment:

  1. This is such a wonderful post!!! And I'm so glad you're writing this blog and about your experiences together and this big adventure the two of you have started on! I was just thinking the other day about how Jody and I both had blogs when we first met and fell in love (we met through the blogs) and I love that we will always have those posts to look back upon - about our first meeting and falling in love and the beginning of our relationship. So this blog is partly you writing about your and Jon's love story and you'll always have that then to look back at and remember!! :)

    ReplyDelete